Conversational AI, is a platform commonly known as a Conversational Commerce Platform. This is an interface which enables companies to interact with their customers and customer service agents that can take place on an e-commerce website, mobile applications or social media. Over the last few years, many conversational platforms have come into existence, WeChat, Facebook Messenger and Slack to name a few in a long list.
What is the driving force behind these platforms?
Conversational platforms are the creation of present day interactive customer assistants and there are a lot of factors that have played a vital role in the growth of these platforms. Some of the key factors to mention are:
1. The age of mobile phones. Messaging over mobile phones has drastically grown and has given birth to a generation that can rightfully be called the mobile-native consumers. The present generation is highly comfortable with mobile phones and messaging which can be made use of by their respective brand companies. It is the ultimate medium for interaction these days.
2. Artificial intelligence and natural language processing has reached an inflection point. Nowadays, they ensure above ninety percent accuracy in machine parsing and understanding the spoken or typed requests. Thus, guarantees a success of these conversational platforms. All of this requires immense processing power and storage, lots of it. Organizations like Intel® have stepped up to the processing power challenge with the Xeon® Scalable Family providing clients with actionable business and customer insights that enhance business results in these specific market segments.
3. Integration of seamless payment technologies into devices, increasingly accessible to third parties via APIs has driven cloud platform demand to a premium.
4. Notification sophistication has increased significantly as well. They are context-aware and available across devices to provide an always-on, intelligent interface layer with consumers.
Voice Assistance – a kind of conversational user interface
Conversational user interfaces are ideal and have brought a whole new paradigm shift in the way we do business these days. Google, Microsoft and Amazon are the tech giants which introduced voice assistants and they continue to develop them over time. They are continuously working to make them smarter. Hey Cortana from Microsoft, Ok Google from Google, Hey Siri from Apple and Echo from Amazon are classic cases of voice assistants responding to the user by voice.
source: Microsoft / YouTube
These interfaces not only allow you to communicate with them for your queries, but also present an intelligent interface. Over time the technology has developed enough to not only recognize the words, but also understand the intent behind the way those words are spoken. These interfaces are also platform-agnostic working well on all kinds of devices; desktop, smartphone and smart watch alike.
Chatbots – another kind of conversational platform
Like many other conversational platforms for the assistance of the customers, there are also chatbots. These are yet another development in the era of such platforms. These bots not only become a platform to interact with customers, but they use machine learning to get to know them better as well. Hence, the conversation can be made more efficient and user-friendly with the customers.
Thus, keeping these descriptions in mind, there exist two kinds of chatbot which serve as the conversational platforms. These can be defined as:
- Chatbots with a set of programmed scripts. Such chatbots can only converse with a limited scope as they follow a predetermined path. Thus, the conversation goes on as is programmed within the chatbots being used. There is little interaction freedom of conversation with humans for these types of bots;
- Chatbots which make use of artificial intelligence which enables them to comprehend free-form human input via voice and text. These chatbots perform in a better way than the programmed ones, as they have better interpretation of the input messages. However, they are still limited as they cannot comprehend the ambiguity of human speech in the text or message.
These conversational platforms facilitate the ability to interact with the customers in the fastest way possible. Thus being a quick way to get things done, this is a base requirement needed for businesses, in this fast changing era we call the ‘4th industrial revolution‘.
To determine the appropriate solutions for optimal performance, we first need to understand your use cases. Talk to a Hypertec specialist for help in selecting an Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family powered computing platform best suited to your data center needs.
This post is also available in: FR