We are currently searching for a General Accountant to join our Accounting team.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the General Accountant will be responsible to perform the daily accounting tasks and period end financial statement close process for the group of companies and to contribute to the continuous improvement of the department ensuring accuracy, completeness, compliance and timely reporting standards.
- Support in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret accounting transactions.
- Maintain accurate records and perform GL analysis.
- Participate in the period end and annual audit procedures.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepare and update process documentation to meet department needs.
- Perform other compliance related activities and analysis as assigned by management.
- Assess reliability and effectiveness of department processes for controlling transactions.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field together with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- CPA or in process of obtaining a professional accounting designation.
- Experience working with SAP or similar ERP solution operating in a multi-currency and multi-company environments.
- Knowledge of Canadian Accounting Standards for Privately Held Companies.
- Experience with project management and Property, Plant and Equipment is an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian and US Sales Tax rules.
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good communication both verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual French and English.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org