Hardware Design Engineer | CIARA
Founded in 1984, CIARA is a global technology provider that specializes in the design, development, manufacturing, integration and support of computer products. With its vast range of products including personal computers, enterprise servers and storage, HPC systems, High Frequency Trading servers, OEM/ODM services and with a current production capacity of up to 1,000,000 systems per year, CIARA is considered to be one of the largest system manufacturers in North America. The company’s products are employed worldwide by organizations small to large in the sectors of finance, aerospace, engineering, transportation, energy, government, education and defense.
Synopsis of the responsibilities:
Participates in a team that conducts or participates in the research, design, development, and testing of COTS (custom off the shelf) or custom computing hardware and/or other electrical components. Aids in the development of designs for the installation of components and assemblies into custom design hardware, chassis, racks, cabinets, etc. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability for total systems. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform hardware engineering tasks to support the analysis, design, procurement and prototyping of either a COTS or custom hardware/electrical design.
- Engineering efforts to analyze hardware requirements and evaluate custom design, COTS and OTS technologies.
- Analyzing changes for future upgrades; planning efforts for addressing the obsolescence of hardware, firmware and software; and identifying performance improvements and maintenance savings.
- Validate new hardware for functionality on new designs or for existing products.
- Manage the prototyping process from beginning to end, which may or may not include code creation, part reception, production, testing and shipment.
- Additional responsibilities include system design issue resolution, hardware vendor evaluation, design assessment, and reliability analyses.
- Liaise with System Engineering, Software Engineering, hardware vendors and subcontractors, and the in–‐house hardware assembly, test and installation teams.
Function Requirements :
- At least Five years experience in the computer engineering industry
- Familiar with system engineering concepts, standards, processes and methodologies
- Excellent comprehension of current Server, Storage and Networking Technologies
- Personable with excellent communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
- Able to travel to customers job sites within Canada and the U.S.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org