As a member of the Accounting team, you will ensure accurate processing and recording of payroll for the Hypertec Group of companies. You will support the team in day to day payroll functions, be timely and accurate in your processing and able to meet deadlines. This is a full time position reporting to the Controller.
The successful applicant will have min 5 years’ direct payroll experience (Canadian and USA) in a medium sized company, be a member of the Canadian Payroll Association, possess excellent communication skills to interact with colleagues and various levels of management, able to deal sensitively with confidential material, adaptable, quick learner and open to challenges.
- Preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll with focus on the review and accuracy of timesheets and employee compensation.
- Co-ordinate efforts between payroll, HR and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data, including preparation/distribution of detailed reports.
- Prepare report for month end journal entry.
- Administration of the electronic timekeeping system.
- Maintain employee records to ensure that changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis and reviewed for proper authorization.
- Co-ordinate CSST, workers comp and related issues.
- Understand taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Special projects as needed.
- Experience working with payroll systems (Desjardins/Kronos experience is an asset).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- SAP Business One knowledge is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bilingual (French/English).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org