Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Data Center Technician (DCE) to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Maintains, tests, refurbishes and repairs electric motors, switchgear and other electrical devices;
- Performs maintenance tasks according to IEEE standards and manufacturer’s specifications on low and medium voltage systems to apply industry best practices and local procedures;
- Prepares, installs, energizes, de-energizes and removes low voltage power distribution as required;
- Perform daily maintenance operations; maintenance of electrical voltage distribution including generators, Switchgear UPS between 480 V and 25 kV and ASTS-PDU components;
- Maintain inventory of electrical components and prepare order list updates to fill inventories;
- Perform maintenance on the low-voltage distribution panel;
- Assist supplier personnel in performing power distribution system maintenance, including IR analysis and other types of preventative maintenance;
- Respond to risks to ensure the restoration of system operations in the event of a component or system malfunction;
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems and components in the event of failure to ensure continuity of operations;
- Prepare and update operation and maintenance logs for the various systems in the data center;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Must have a C licence in electricity and/or have class B in stationary machine mechanics, with a minimum of 5 years experience in a related field;
- The position requires, as a minimum, a C non-construction or Stationary Engineer (SEM) license and a minimum of six months experience working in a specific data center environment;
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience is required in a mission-critical work environment (e.g. hospital, data center, airport, government agency, etc.);
- Ability to work in hot, humid, noisy, narrow areas;
- You must be in good physical condition (especially endurance) because you will have to make several trips during inspections and long periods of work;
- Good manual skills and dexterity to properly repair a variety of machines;
- Meticulousness, precision and attention to detail to effectively repair delicate parts;
- Sense of responsibility because you will be responsible for the safety of personnel and equipment in the engine room;
- Ability to use logic and analysis to solve a variety of machine operating problems;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness to be able to solve various problems in the engine room on your own;
- Good judgment and initiative to be able to respond quickly and effectively to emergency situations;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as you will have to work alone when repairing machinery, but work closely with co-workers (mechanics, technicians, engineers, security guards, firefighters, etc.) during emergencies or major problems;
- Must have a positive attitude and be passionate about work;
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours on an emergency basis;
- Must be bilingual (English/French);
- Must be available to work on a 24-hour, seven-day rotating schedule;
- Have an excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems of data centers, including power systems, generators, transformers, electrical distribution and switching cabinets, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), automatic transfer switches (ATS), electrical distribution panels (PDU), pumps, ventilation and air conditioning units (AHU, VAV , VFD, DX system ….);
- Familiar with building supervision and control (BMS), electrical energy management (EMS), and data trend analysis systems;
- Ability to work on call to provide support outside normal working hours.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer;
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events;
- Career advancement opportunities.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.