Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Perform hardware engineering tasks to support the analysis, design, procurement and prototyping of either a COTS or custom hardware/electrical design;
- Engineering efforts to analyze hardware requirements and evaluate custom design, COTS and OTS technologies;
- Analyzing changes for future upgrades; planning efforts for addressing the obsolescence of hardware, firmware and software; and identifying performance improvements and maintenance savings;
- Validate new hardware for functionality on new designs or for existing products;
- Manage the prototyping process from beginning to end, which may or may not include code creation, part reception, production, testing and shipment;
- Additional responsibilities include system design issue resolution, hardware vendor evaluation, design assessment, and reliability analyses;
- Liaise with System Engineering, Software Engineering, hardware vendors and subcontractors, and the in-‐house hardware assembly, test and installation team
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- At least five years’ experience in the computer engineering industry;
- Familiar with system engineering concepts, standards, processes and methodologies;
- Excellent comprehension of current Server, Storage and Networking Technologies;
- Personable with excellent communication and writing skills;
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, Pro Engineer, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project;
- Able to travel to customer’s job sites within Canada and the S.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.