Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Health and Safety Specialist to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Manage the Hypertec health & safety program and ensure applicable Health and Safety legislative codes and company standards are maintained;
- Create a program of regular inspections and risk assessments for the purposes of identifying and correcting hazardous and unsafe working conditions throughout the organization;
- Maintain excellent relationships with front line workers and all levels of management to support corporate and business objectives;
- Develop standardized safety systems, policies, training, safety campaigns and programs to prevent injury and ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial and municipal laws;
- Implement standardized, actionable safety metrics and communication protocol throughout the organization;
- Maintain awareness of potential pending and current legislation that may impact safety standards, programs and initiatives;
- Monitor and communicate regulatory changes to the organization, recommending changes to result in compliance and provide technical support when needed;
- Ensure accident prevention through detailed injury and accident reporting, loss analysis & trending and investigation compliance;
- Provide support to customers by ensuring contractor safety, and conducting on-site job hazard assessments;
- Organize and conduct routine training on health and safety matters;
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues;
- Work closely with Hypertec’s Prevention Mutual to minimize costs.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor degree in related field;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of managing a Health and safety program;
- Strong knowledge of applicable Health and Safety regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements is an asset;
- Must have good computer software skills in Word and Excel;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English;
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment;
- Competitive compensation package;
- On-site cafeteria;
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer;
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events;
- Career advancement opportunities.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.