Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Inventory Control Agent (internship) to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Developing ways to create and optimize inventory control procedures and processes;
- Ensure the inventory counts are completed accurately for annual audits and periodic cycle counts as required. Completes Daily Cycle count assignments;
- Researche variances between actual physical stock count and computerized;
- Monitor the rotation of products, and ensures proper stock rotations to minimize obsolete inventory;
- Effectively communicates any inventory related issues, and works with the concerned departments to resolve them when inventory variances are discovered;
- Researche into Abandoned pallets; resolves issues, and communicate with Warehouse;
- Supervisor regarding mis-slotted products and the Warehouse Associate responsible;
- Perform analysis of current inventory and/or usage, and ensures the proper placement of product in the warehouse bins throughout the warehouse, placing new product in the warehouse taking into consideration size of item, quantity, etc; and consolidating multiple bin;
- Researche lost product and pallet situations and update inventory system;
- Perform receiving office duties, including verifying purchase orders, completing claims, filling out of the daily receiving logs, matching back in stock reports, and generating various inventory reports;
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties;
- Operate forklift and an electric pallet jack safely in order to move products into correct zones for stocking;
- Work with supply chain to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus;
- Manage the internal flow of inventory to insure that part Lots of finished goods and part Lots of raw materials unused are properly accounted for;
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs, support the Production Planner;
- Collaborate with warehouse employees to ensure reporting is accurate and FIFO is respected;
- Work closely with Warehouse Manager and Production Supervisors on insuring that all staff members follow instructions pertaining to inventory management;
- Report to upper management on important issues or opportunities;
- Manage very closely Shelf Life remaining expectations on raw materials and finished goods;
- Work with Quality and Product team on any issues pertaining to Inventory quality or forecasted shelf life issues;
- Work with finance to keep inventory values in check;
- Other duties as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BSc/BA in business administration, logistics or relevant field;
- Proven experience as inventory agent or similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods;
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP) SAP would be an asset;
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports;
- An analytical mind with strong math skills;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Reliable and trustworthy;
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal;
- Detail Oriented;
- Strong Computer Skills;
- Team player with the ability to work independently with limited direction;
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment;
- Work within constraints in a fast paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment;
- Competitive compensation package;
- On-site cafeteria;
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer;
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events;
- Career advancement opportunities.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.