Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for an I.T. Team Lead – Data Center to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Managing customer requests;
- Ensure that all physical security procedures and policies are followed in the work performance;
- Ensure the supervision of subcontractors who perform cabling work, physical installation of computer equipment;
- Ensure that best industry practices are followed for the physical installation of cabinets, IT/Network equipment and network cabling in the Data Center and building;
- Evaluate and plan cross-connect requests for Telco, Hypertec backbone and customer network cabling;
- Responsible for the installation of the building network cabling and physical installations of servers and network equipment (Rack and Stack);
- Responsible for the allocated budget and requests for quotes with cabling suppliers, cabinets, etc.;
- Responsible for the installation of the building’s network cabling and the physical installation of servers and network equipment (Rack and Stack); Responsible for the allocated budget and requests for quotes with cabling suppliers, cabinets, etc;
- Responsible for cross-connect inventory, cabinet inventory and spare parts inventory (Equipment and Cabling);
- Diagnose problems and incidents (Equipment, Cabling and Network);
- Write procedures and various technical documents;
- Participate in Audits.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- University or college diploma in computer science;
- Must have 2 years’ experience in People Management;
- Must be bilingual (French and English);
- Must have organizational skills, initiative and leadership skills;
- Must have a good general knowledge in computer science: operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux), office software, PC and laptop, telephony, antivirus, printers etc.;
- A good understanding of data communication protocols and standards such as TCP/IP, OSI model, IP subnet, various layer 2 and layer 3 technologies is required;
- Hands-on experience with network switches and routers, Microsoft server and desktop versions, wireless controller and access points, printers, camera systems, EMS-BMS controllers, etc.;
- Familiar with network surveillance tools such as OpenNMS, Splunk, Cacti (an asset);
- Responsible for updating network and system documentation, including network diagrams and writing practical documents;
- Previous experience with fibre optics, optical transceivers and fibre optic cable testing will be an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.