Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Data Center IT Technician to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Ensures that all physical security procedures and policies are followed in the performance of the work;
- Supervise subcontractors who perform cabling work and physical installation of computer equipment;
- Identify and manage potential risks related to the activities of a small project;
- Ensure compliance with industry best practices for the physical installations of the racks, IT/Server equipment and network cabling of the data center and the building;
- Carry out requests for network cabling Telco, Hypertec and our customers;
- Responsible for the installation of the building’s network cabling, physical installations of servers and network equipment;
- Attend bid solicitations with suppliers;
- Maintain rack inventory and spare parts inventory (equipment and cabling);
- Diagnose problems and incidents (Equipment and cabling);
- Write procedures and various technical documents;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (23 kg).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bilingual English/French;
- College diploma in computer science or related discipline;
- Must have good organizational and leadership skills;
- Must have at least one year of experience working in a critical environment;
- Sense of organization and planning;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Be able to work independently and carry out tasks with little supervision;
- Be able to set priorities in a complex and fast-paced environment;
- Must have good general computer knowledge: operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux), office software, PCs and laptops, telephony, antivirus, printers etc.;
- Hold the certificate awarded by the ASP Construction (an asset).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.