Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently?
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Master electrician to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Oversee all work performed by the electrical team of 5 to 7 electricians and juniors;
- Work from plans, specs and verbal instructions to install, maintain, clean, connect and adjust motors, control panels and consoles, transformers, breakers, lights, etc. Do “troubleshooting” with a systematic approach, using the tools, documents and resources available;
- As custodian’ of the Canadian electrical code, will ensure proper permits are filed with the Régie du Bâtiment when required; familiar with NFPA70E/ CSA462 Arc flash code;
- Inspect electrical equipment, verify the ventilation systems and current fluctuations, modify connections between systems, etc. and use instruments such as: voltmeter, ammeter, megohmmeter and ohmmeter;
- Conduct small repairs on electronic hardware (ex: checking components). If needed, help the building maintenance personnel. Install programmable machines and computerized systems. Install and interpret data, analog or digital, from a recorder, as needed;
- Audit (safe) working practices of electrical contractors, signs and approves ‘live’ electrical permits when absolutely necessary;
- Develop engineering standards for the selection of electrical equipment (disconnect, bus bars, panels, breakers, lights, etc.);
- Read and interpret plans, drawings and specifications to determine the location of various electrical installations and provide input on any work to be performed on them;
- Work on standby power plants, UPS/Data Centers and associated transfer switching and support equipment;
- Install and maintain interior and exterior lighting;
- Compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices and housekeeping and quality standards are maintained;
- Help oversee expenses on construction and maintenance projects;
- Help prepare and plan a work schedule;
- Monitor progress vs established schedules;
- Develop and implement quality control programs;
What you will bring
- CMEQ and or RBQ as master electrician A1 or A2;
- 5+ years experience and/or ACS (AEC) in electricity OR DCS (DEC) in electrodynamics, industrial electronics or electrical engineering OR a certificate in electricity (asset);
- License C and be a member of the Master Electrician Association;
- Bilingualism in French and English;
- Ability to manage a team;
- Experience in Backup power, UPS systems and emergency generators (large generators, high voltage and controls is an asset);
- Good knowledge of building automation systems;
- Very good knowledge of electrical code;
- Willingness to work flexible schedule and availability for emergency calls if necessary;
- Knowledge of manufacturing and industrial environment;
- Knowledge of the operation of computerized control systems for complex fire alarm, environmental, mechanical and electrical operational systems for large office buildings;
- Enthusiasm, team spirit, good judgment, strong work ethic, courtesy;
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
What we offer
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.