Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Network Administrator to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Configure, install and maintain network switches, routers and other networking equipment;
- Evaluate and recommend network design improvements and firmware upgrades;
- Monitor network performance and outages through various monitoring tools like OpenNMS, Splunk, Cacti etc.;
- Create technical support and how-to documentation for systems and applications;
- Participate in network upgrade/fix maintenances scheduled usually after hours;
- Responsible for resolving network related issues at remote sites;
- Administer controller based and standalone wireless network infrastructure across all company branches;
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups;
- Prepare and maintain all records and files in relation to IT assets, network performance and problems;
- Ensure optimal level of customer service and resolve all client requests and incidents.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts;
- Proven experience in a network administration role – between 3 to 5 years;
- Excellent understanding of data communication protocols and standards such as TCP/IP, IP subnetting, various layer 2 and layer 3 technologies is mandatory for this role;
- Good understanding of OSPF, BGP, VLANS, Access Control Lists, Traffic Shaping, STP, LACP, Multi-Chassis Aggregation, HSRP/VRRP, NAT is required;
- Experience with VoIP, Linux administration, scripting languages is a plus;
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- Cisco certification CCNA, CCNP (preferred).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.