Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Performance Engineer – Engineering Division to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Own and lead performance measurement and analysis efforts of one or more features od Ciara platform;
- Work with Product and Engineering teams during the implementation and testing phase to design:
- Performance measurement methodology to benchmark the peak performance
- Customer-like workloads to characterize and tune steady state behavior
- Analyze performance bottlenecks, root cause issues, file defects, follow up with Engineering and other teams on the resolution;
- Able to derive meaningful insights from the collected performance data and articulate performance findings effectively with senior team members;
- Develop performance benchmarking and analysis tools and automate performance test suites;
- Analyze and debug performance issues in customer environments;
- Monitor production performance and investigate
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Have a high bar for quality of the product;
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology;
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as servers, storage, kernels, );
- Proficiency with Linux and the various tools and techniques used to debug performance problems from the OS all the way to the application;
- Prior experience of programming, preferably BASH or Python;
- Experience with CPU and Memory Overclocking;
- Experience with systems performance analysis techniques like CPU profiling, tracing by using standard Linux tools;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.