Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently?
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a PROJECT MANAGER – ENGINEERING DIVISION to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
BUDGET AND SCHEDULE CONTROL
- Anticipate and resolve any problems, bottlenecks or scheduling conflicts;
- Prepare and maintain project schedules using Gantt charts and monitor progress to achieve on‐ time or earlier deliveries;
- Track and control project costs staying within or under budget;
- Prepare Financial Reviews and Project Summaries (a Closing Report) at completion of a
- Establish and maintain good communications with the Customer on project issues and concerns;
- Maintain good communication with in‐house and contract engineering staff, manufacturers, suppliers, and installation crews regarding all aspects of the project from project inception through to equipment installation and closing report;
- Co‐ordinate efforts of all team members by supplying them the necessary information and ensure that it is used correctly;
- Attend meetings at customer and/or assembly facility (some travel required) for equipment reviews and runoffs;
- Complete Project Risk assessment;
- Chair Project Kick‐off Meetings;
- Chair Critical Design Reviews on assigned
- Assess resource requirements for assigned projects and coordinate these requirements with the Director of Engineering to determine staffing
PROJECT ADMINISTRATION & DOCUMENTATION
- Maintain log of project Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders;
- Maintain a log of technical, production and other issues and resolutions;
- Document and resolve any customer change order or extras requests;
- Ensure all Quality System documentation relating to projects is utilized and completed;
- Participate in the preparation and checking of Operations and Maintenance Manuals;
- Compile and maintain Project binder and records;
- Track Project Costs in conjunction with the Engineering Department to meet ‘Design to Cost’ objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Five Years Project Management Experience (Project Values from $100K to $2,000,000);
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to track and organize information data and communications efficiently to ensure project issues are dealt with promptly and properly;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both French and English;
- Preferably B. Eng. (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical);
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project;
- Working knowledge of Agency Certification Standards (Ie. UL/CSA);
- Ability to travel to customer’s job sites within Canada and the S.;
- Experience in the medical field will be considered an
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.