Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a R&D Specialist, Electrical to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Report on the objectives and deliverables to be achieved regarding the division of work;
- Maintain good business practices and acumen;
- Report on the management of resources associated with different R&D projects;
- Responsible for executing theoretical calculations and electrical design work of functional electrical systems & components;
- Convert theory to practice from design to real prototypes;
- Troubleshoot various electrical problems from schematics, circuit diagrams to real prototype designs; and responsible for debugging and test works of electrical system;
- Participate in improving practices and processes within the team;
- Dedication to on-time tasks and project completion.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience (an asset);
- Experience of at least 5-7 years in similar functions;
- Strategic vision and ability to set priorities and make decisions quickly;
- Curiosity and excellent adaptability to an evolving and complex environment;
- Ability to stimulate, but also to channel creativity into research & development projects;
- Very good understanding of the scientific method and how to problem solve complex issues;
- Real world hands-on experience with various electrical systems such as;
- AC/DC, low & high voltage, PSU, PCB, digital & analog, switching systems
- various types of controls: VFD, PLC, sensors, motors, switches, and all electrical components,
- various types of languages: 4-20mA, 0-10VDC, Binary, C++, other programing languages
- various industry standards (ASTM, UL, CSA, CGSB, FCC, ROHS, etc.)
- various industry codes & specifications
- Clear & concise communication skills that are dynamic and creative in English as a minimal requirement, bilingualism is an asset (French, English);
- Mastery of modern electrical engineering tools (software, hardware, hand tools and processes);
- Strong analytical and strategic interpretation of results;
- Excellent ability to manage priorities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.