Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Security Supervisor to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Conduct meetings for new agents and provide all the initial information and tools necessary for the integration of new agents;
- Provides initial training for new agents and monitors the degree of learning demonstrated by the agents;
- Evaluates new agents and recommends their retention;
- Evaluates regular agents and clearly expresses expected improvements, if any;
- Conduct disciplinary meetings and record all relevant facts in the agent’s file for the purpose of applying any corrective measures;
- Collaborates with the security manager to implement procedures to improve the security service;
- Participates in meetings and implements safety actions;
- Operates the access control system and the camera surveillance system according to the level of administration granted on the system;
- Maintains close and constant communication with staff members by acquiring tools such as coordination meetings and procedural manuals, in order to provide them with all the information they need to carry out their tasks;
- Carries out regular visits to agents’ workstations in order to assess the quality of the services provided and make corrections if necessary;
- Responds to emergency situations by deploying and controlling its staff according to Hypertec’s Emergency Plan or according to the needs arising from the particular nature of the event;
- Ensure compliance with all Hypertec policies and procedures;
- Coordinates the tasks of the agents according to the daily requirements of the site’s proper functioning;
- Ensures the health and safety of its staff and a pleasant working environment by respecting break times and coordinating replacements during breaks;
- Collaborates with the DCS support team on customer security requirements;
- Collaborates with the Security Manager in the management of security or other complaints;
- Other related tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Must have college training in police techniques, safety management or any other related discipline;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in private security on a similar contract;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in personnel and work team management;
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of Office Suite software;
- Strong communication skills in both French & English (spoken and written);
- Good knowledge of fire detection systems, sprinkler systems, handling of portable fire extinguishers and evacuation procedures;
- Good knowledge of emergency and response procedures;
- Good knowledge of access control systems and cameras;
- Must have a valid security agent’s permit at all times;
- Must have a valid first aid certification (CNESST) at all times, ASP certificate, and a valid driver’s license;
- Must have WHMIS and Fire Extinguisher training;
- Be willing to work flexible hours, during public holidays and weekends;
- Dynamic person with excellent leadership skills;
- Results, quality and performance orientation;
- Partnership, sense of responsibility, ability to promote professional conduct;
- Priority management in a complex environment;
- Integrity with the ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to foster teamwork;
- Have a genuine interest in developing and mentoring employees to help them progress;
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.