Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a System Administrator to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Pro-actively & strategically analyzes, designs, plans, and provides technical guidance in all areas of IT infrastructure, architecture, capacity management, high availability, disaster recovery and back up strategy;
- Investigates new technologies and techniques, stays current with industry developments to generate recommendations on key third-party components necessary to implement solutions;
- Ensures efficient day to day operations of all systems and infrastructure by managing incidents, and service requests in a timely manner;
- Maintains systems performance by performing system monitoring, analysis, and tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks, operating and management systems; developing, testing, and evaluating upgrades; designing and running system load/stress testing; and conferring and escalating to the vendors as needed;
- Defines IT operational policies and procedures; Ensures that IT systems and infrastructure conform to the documented standards and are deployed using established processes; Documents networks and infrastructure architecture and keeps equipment inventory up to date;
- Acts as a project leader for major infrastructure/server upgrades and critical new technology deployments;
- Secures network and IT systems by following best practices;
- Provides coverage for after hours’ issues on an on-call basis. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential;
- Designs, costs, builds, and deploys systems to support new customers and new services.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience;
- Microsoft Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years of experience in systems administration of which at least 1 year in supporting and implementing Microsoft solutions;
- Extensive knowledge of server, network, and security architecture and best practices;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with various teams including Development, Project Managers and Architects ensuring stability of a global infrastructure;
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical project deadlines and work in an environment in transition;
- Organized and able to document the administration process;
- Proactive with a desire to improve the status quo;
- Excellent skills in problem solving;
- Availability to work outside normal hours.
KNOWLEDGE (Advanced in at least 3 of the following areas)
- Windows server management, including power Shell scripting;
- Active Directory (scripting, gpo, migration, sites, rights mgmt);
- Server services (dns, dhcp, dfs, nfs, print, ias, iis, rds, wds, wsus, hyper-v, virtual apps, remote apps);
- Microsoft SQL server, Exchange, SharePoint, and System Center;
- Microsoft Office 365, Cloud Services for Exchange, CRM, Onedrive, SharePoint, and Teams;
- Virtualization, clusters, high availability and redundancy with HyperV;
- Networking, switching, routing, voip, design and configuration with Cisco;
- SAN Storage management and architecture;
- IT Operations, ITIL and ServiceNow;
- Backup and recovery operations;
- Firewall, Load Balancer and Reverse Proxy operations;
- Cloud IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.