Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Troubleshooting Technician to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Follow all procedures and guidelines to make sure components/machines are meeting company standards;
- Inspect incoming materials that are related to the manufacturing process. This includes: customer supplied/purchased components and internally produced components;
- Test hardware and make sure that the electronic parts conform with specifications and requirements;
- Diagnose faulty equipment;
- Troubleshoot and repair computer equipment (PCs, laptops, printers, etc.);
- Search for and complete the installation of pilots and troubleshoot hardware controllers for Video, RAID, Network, and IPMI;
- Reinitialise hardware components with Firmware and Software for BIOS, RAID, VIDEO, NIC, BMC, and IPMI;
- Must analyze data and results;
- Work efficiently and as part of the team;
- Listen to directives and instructions provided by line leads and upper management;
- Work ergonomically and safety and encourage a safe work environment
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Must have at least 1 year of relevant experience and/or a certificate in collegial studies or equivalent knowledge;
- Basic knowledge of hardware architecture and hardware electronic components;
- Knowledge of the structure of folders and files for the Operating Systems PE/7/8 and languages to create scripts – MS-DOS and Windows in ‘batch’ mode is an asset;
- Must speak English and/or French;
- Must be able to lift between 10 and 50 pounds;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and noisy environment;
- Must be able to perform repetitive movements and concentrate for long periods of time;
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical.
- Must have a sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.